Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take some gansta out your lean...

July 19, 2008 San Juan, Puerto Rico - "Dressed in a Yankees baseball cap and sunglasses, Pantoja was mourned by relatives while propped upright in his mother’s living room. His brother Carlos told the El Nuevo Dia newspaper the victim had long said he wanted to be upright for his own wake: “He wanted to be happy, standing.”

So this little gem of a news story came out in July of 08. Had I actually had a blog over the summer I would have written about it, in fact, it might have even been worth starting a blog over, but I was laying in corpse pose on the Baja coast for a month, so that ship sailed.

But there's no time like the present to take the opportunity to give you my opinion on the matter....so here it goes..."Hmmmmmm??" (pensive look on my face). My mind is wide open with exciting possibilities for my own wake. Chaturanga Dandasana?? Crow pose?? Or perhaps Ardha Chandrasana?

For those of you that end up outliving me...please make sure that when I go, I'm perched atop my Jade yoga mat in downward facing dog, and that my alignment is absolutely perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment