Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whats Love Got To Do With It??


Yesterday morning I woke up at 6am feeling very sprightly. Some mornings, when I'm feeling all sorts of well rested and content with life, I'll put my ipod on and will get ready for work while blaring music and dancing around the living room in my underwear. Yesterday was one of those mornings.

Tina Turner's "Whats Love Got To Do With It" was on, and I started to feel very VERY inspired...

Grabbing my hair brush, which also doubles as a microphone - I headed to the mirror in the living room to begin my performance. I was in the throes of belting the lyrics into the "mic", and shimmying a full body shimmy, when I looked over my shoulder and saw my landlord plus 2 of his landscape workers peering in the window behind me..laughing.

There are no words to describe the level of embarrassment felt in moments like these. These are the moments that, years later, while lying in bed trying to fall asleep, you'll think of, and the humiliation of it all will cause you to draw the covers over your head, again and again, and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment